Sunday, September 12, 2010

And all I can say -

Annoying Girl - you know who I mean. The one who thinks she's gorgeous and smart and every boy is in love with her. She shouts, "Me, me, me!" and waves her hand in the air whenever the teacher asks a question. She's the most self-righteous person in the room, but she's insecure about appearing too self-righteous, so she giggles a lot and acts stupid to hide her supposed genius. And she's the loudest, messiesr drunk you've ever seen. Without her friends, she'd pass out in a puddle of sick on the bathroom floor or wind up going home with some sleazy older guy. But her friends always seem to take pity on her, and the next day she's bouncier thanever, smiling like nothing happened.

The thing about Annoying Girl is, whether we like it or not, we all have a little bit of her in us. That's why we love to hate her so much. She's our worst nightmare. I mean, how many times have you wanted to wave your hand in the air when you knew the answer, only stopping yourself because you didn't want to look like an idiot? And how many times have you wanted to just sit down in a boy's lap and start kissing him but didn't for fear he's laugh in your face? In a way, Annoying Girl is us, minus the insecurity. She's so fine with herself you want to slap her. But you also secretly wish you could be that obnoxious without any concern for what other people might think.

That massive chunk of text up there, is a quote from Gossip Girl: You're the One That I Want. I was reading the book (awesome btw) when I came across that section up there and I thought how true it was! I mean, this "Annoying Girl" really does sound super annoying. And we all love to hate her. This girl, well, I think that's it's pretty true when Cecily von Ziegesar says that "...whether we like it or not, we all have a little bit of her in us." As I read that part, my immediate response was, "What the heck. No way am I at all like that girl," But then I really thought about it (I mean, really thought about it) and realized that I do have a trace of her in me! The second paragraph of the quote...is true xD for me, anyway. Like, when your teacher asks a question in class, and even though you know the answer perfectly, you don't put your hand up because you don't want to look too smarty-pants and nerdy.

There's a girl in my homeroom who is totally the Annoying Girl. She really does think that all the boys are in love with her because she thinks she's stunning and she always waves her hand in the air whenever the teacher asks a question/for a volunteer. However, she plasters herself in make-up and I can always see gross blusher and foundation that doesn't match her skintone so she always looks orange. So...if she wears this much makeup then...she can't be totally secure about her looks, can she? If she thinks that she's so gorgeous, then she should just go au naturale. So she's just a LOT like the Annoying Girl, and not exactly like her, after all. Ah. I'm deep. LOL xD

1 comment:

  1. Lolol Miya! XD

    And me agrees with that chunk of text on 'Annoying Girl'. It would be so cool to sometimes be like her and not have fear/insecurity bar my actions and leaving me with stupid regrets >.<

    I'm just crapping but what the heck!! ^^

    ReplyDelete