Monday, December 21, 2009

C-ute's new Single ~ "SHOCK"

Okay I've just watched and listened to the PV of C-ute's 11th single~ "SHOCK".

The PV is okay, the girls sound good and the dance is nice. The clothes are cool as well. However, there's just one thing that I;m really not happy about.

Airi Suzuki gets ALL the solos. Even Maimi Yajima doesn't get solos in this single and she is the Leader. Why don't they just call C-ute; Airi Suzuki featuring C-ute. The other girls don't get a chance to show off their voices anymore. In my opinion, I think that Airi Suzuki is totally overrated. Her voice so irritates me now. It sounds like she's trying way too hard to sound happy and cute.

I mean, she is pretty (I suppose, aside those terrible teeth) and her voice is nice, but she shouldn't be given so many lines. Actually when I first discovered Hello Project, Airi Suzuki was my first idol (omg), because she was the first one I noticed (since she's always the center and lead singer). Now, she isn't. In Buono!, Suzuki is the center now. I don't like it. I preferred it when Momoko was center or Miyabi. I don't know why, but it doesn't look right with Suzuki-san as the lead.

Ever since Airi started getting almost all of the lines, I've started to slowly dislike her. I think she's becoming really over-rated now. It's true that Suzuki is very talented, and pretty, but its still unfair.

In C-ute, Maimi and Saki are the best dancers. Airi is an average "okay" dancer. She's not bad, but it's not that good either. I think Hello Project should put the best dancers at the front and the center, because for example, Saki Nakajima and Saki Shimizu are brilliant dancers but they hardly ever get solo lines. To make it more fair, they should put them at the front and the supposedly "best" singers (like Airi Suzuki and Reina Tanaka) at the back. Now that I mention it, i don't think that Reina Tanaka is a great singer either. Her singing is just so fake. She tries way too hard to be cute. It's obvious. I mean, she sounds different (and better) in First Kiss and Suki ni Naccha Ikenai Hito than she does in e.g. Nanchatte Renai and Resonant Blue. There's a video of her singing First Kiss live (way back) with Suzuki and Natsuyaki. Her voice was deeper and I liked it better like that. Sounds more natural and normal.

Why can't people just sing naturally? :3

Don't get me wrong; I used to absolutely adore Suzuki and Tanaka. They previously were my top two idols. Now my idols are Natsuyaki Miyabi, Kamei Eri, Nakajima Saki and Okai Chisato.

3 comments:

  1. So if you dislike Tanaka Reina because her voice sounds a bit higher than it used to be.... Does that mean you also dislike Momoko Tsugunaga? Her voice is REALLY high pitched...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No because i never said that i disliked Tanaka~ i only dislike her voice xD. therefore, i dont dislike Momoko. i quite like her in fact~ shes seems reaaally fun!!

    i just dont like her voice either xDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post deserves an award. I'm getting kind of sick of seeing Airi's face all over the place, for real. I'm glad that Momo is in the center for buono!'s new single. ^_^

    ReplyDelete